Illinois State Championship Chili Cookoff
Saturday, July 25, 2020
Premium Offered: $1,800BEER TENT
CHAIRMAN: ALAN FULK
email@example.com | 217-433-5583 | www.chilicookoff.com
All cooks must register through the ICS website (www.chilicookoff.com) ICS will immediately send the organizer each registered cook’s name, email, phone number, ICS membership number and categories they are interested in participating. This ensures that your ICS status is current, and each contestant is eligible to compete and receive awards.ICS-SANCTIONED
*Winners Qualify for the 2020 ICS World Championship! Sept. 6-8 Des Moines, IA
**Provided minimum number ICS cooks**
1-hour preparation time
Entry Fee $35.00 total
plus $60.00 if not currently an I.C.S. member
Time: 12:00 - 3:00 PM
1st Place: $750 and trophy
2nd Place: $150 and trophy
3rd Place: $100 and trophy
1-hour preparation time
Entry Fee $20.00
Time: 10:30 AM - 1:30 PM
1st Place: $250 and Plaque
2nd Place: $100 and Plaque
3rd Place: $50 and Plaque
Entry Fee $15.00
Time: 9:30 - 12:30 PM
Person must enter own 32 oz sample
1st Place $250 and Plaque
2nd Place $100 & Plaque
3rd Place $50 & Plaque
Rules & Regulations
- General Chairman will meet with cooks at 9:30 A.M. Verde fired at 10:30am; Chili will be fired at 12:00 Noon. Judging---Salsa 12:30; Verde 1:30; Chili 3:00 P.M. Awards and celebration of winners at 4:30 P.M.
- True chili is defined by the International Chili Society as any kind of meat, or combination of meats, cooked with chili peppers, various spices and other ingredients.
- The use of beans will. NOT be allowed. Can tomatoes and tomato sauce will be allowed. NO HOME CANNED PRODUCTS WILL BE ALLOWED.
- All contestants competing in officially sanctioned cook offs shall supply all of their own ingredients, cooking devices (portable stoves), utensils, preparation tables, etc. The only thing provided is the cooking area.
- No ingredients may be pre-cooked or treated in any way prior to the preparation period which will begin one hour prior to the commencement of the OFFICIAL CHILI COOKOFFS.
- Competitors will be permitted to set up their equipment, stove, and other facilities at 9:00 A.M.
- Each contestant must cook a minimum of 2 quarts of chili. There will be no limit to how much chili you can prepare.
- There will be NO spectator tasting until the judging has started.
- Demonstrations throughout the spectator area are permitted. However, contestants are asked that their support team respect the visitors and their view.
- Each cook will be responsible for his own chili getting to the judging area. Also, that his judging cup has his official number on the bottom of his cup.
- Official Judges will not be allowed to taste your chili before the judging.
- Decisions of the Chili Cook-off Chairman and the judges are final.
- Violation of rules and regulations of the contest may result in disqualification.
- Be sure to read and keep the rules and regulations for the Illinois State Championship Chili Cook-off Contest. Copies of the rules and regulations are available writing to the Christian County Fair Chili Cook-off, PO Box 714, Taylorville, IL 62568.
- Mail application along with $35.00 to:
Christian County Fair
PO Box 714
Taylorville, IL 62568
Attn: Alan Fulk
- Good cooking and thank you for your participation. With your help, this year’s program will be the most exciting experience for everyone.